Monday, July 11, 2011

{flourless} peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

Make these cookies. They literally contain 4 ingredients and taste like heaven. And the peanut butter and chocolate combo is always a winner.


Not only did I make these because they looked and sounded delicious, but I really wanted to experiment with a flourless dessert. My first option was to make chocolate chip meringue cookies. Unfortunately, that was a big fat fail. The egg whites did not seem to want to make "stiff peaks" after I got a significant arm workout from whisking the heck out of them. Maybe that was my problemo.


Anyway, start out with 1 cup peanut butter. We had crunchy in the pantry, but if you have creamy, that's okay too!



Plop the peanut butter goodness into a mixing bowl. Crack in 1 whole egg.




Then add 1 cup Splenda. Or in my case, knock-off Splenda from the Piggly Wiggly Express. Or you can use 1 cup white sugar if you're feeling extra naughty.


Speaking of the Piggly Wiggly Express...I do not recommend you go. Ever. Unless you want to gag because of the sewer smell.


Sorry for the tangent.



I also added semi-sweet chocolate chips, but fail to provide a photo.

I apologize for this.

On we go!

Stir it all up.



Then place tablespoon size dollops onto a cookie sheet. Be sure to spray it with cooking spray.




Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Or until golden brown around the edges. I pushed each one down a little with a fork beforehand, so that's how they aquired the lovely ridges on the tops.

Also, let the cookies sit and cool for 5-10 minutes. They will still be really gooey when they come out of the oven, so they need some time to set.



How easy is this?

Look at these cuties



Mmmmm. Time to dig in!





No comments:

Post a Comment