Tuesday, April 26, 2011

being a bride-to-be is fun (sometimes) ;)

I cannot believe that a month from this Thursday I will officially become a Bohannon. I hope this month flies by because boy I am ready! However, I cannot wait until this weekend because some pretty sweet people are throwing us 2 showers. That also means that my bffl/maid of honor aka Christine is coming into town. I can already forsee lots of laughter, inside joke sharing and immaturity (we love it).




Anyway, this past weekend was a busy one. Not only did we celebrate Easter with lots of family and good food (I made a pact with myself that I wouldn't indulge in anything too fatty or sugary...but the delicious, creamy, chocolatey, crushed-graham crackery dessert that one of my aunts made was calling my name, so I just HAD to take one bite...ok maybe 2...or 9?)




On Saturday, I had my bridal portraits taken. At first, I really wasn't looking forward to it because I didn't want to deal with getting ready. Now I'm very glad that I did this...not only because it was fun, but because the people who did my hair had NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE DOING. I can just imagine waiting until my wedding day for these chicks to do my hair...me hating it...and completely stressing the rest of the day, trying to fix it and not being happy with my hairstyle. I mentioned several times that I wanted waves in my hair...but hair stylist lady decided to flat iron my hair for 45 minutes until it was stick-straight. I cringed at the sound of my poor hair sizzling in between the burning-hot straightener and thought about the brand new split ends I will be left with. JOY! She kept telling me in her heavy French accent that she was going to put waves in it after she flat-ironed it...but then we ran out of time. That means that my mom and I went home and completely re-did my hair (I'm surprised we pulled it off!). Looks like this bride-to-be is on the prowl for a new hair stylist (any suggestions?!).




Pictures from that day will be available for your viewing pleasure after the wedding. Sorry kids, it'll ruin the whole element of surprise! Let's just hope that no one can tell that my mom and I completely rigged my hair into an "updo" 7 minutes before the photo shoot started. Love it.




Well, I'm off to babysit my 3 favorite little boys today. I can't wait to play silly games and act like a kid again!




No comments:

Post a Comment