Wednesday, May 4, 2011

showered with love

This past week has been a crazy one. Between birthdays, wedding showers and critical moments in U.S. and English history (deadly tornados, the death of Bin Laden and the Royal Wedding...what is next?!) there hasn't been much time for blogging, and I apologize for that.


April 27 marked my 23rd year on this planet. Is it me, or does time seem to fly by every year? Didn't I just have a birthday? Crazy. At least it was a fun one! My precious fiancee gave me a brand spankin new pair of Reebok easy tone shoes (I've wanted them for three years!) which are a-mazing and totally adorable AND a Vera Bradley travel cooler. Yay for new things.


This photo was taken after a delightful sushi dinner (and free fried oreos with whipped cream AND free coffees at Starbucks...marvelous) on a leisurely stroll around UGA's campus. Note: I look very relaxed and content in this photo, but I was actually panicking and was between constantly checking my weather.com iphone app because of these fabulous (not) storms that decide to roll through almost every night.




Gotta love self timer and random UGA freshmen for photo opportunities.


Anyway, on a better note, I had two wonderful showers this past weekend. Mrs. Alice Ramsey (my bffl and maid of honor's fabulous mother) threw me a kitchen and bath shower (I actually ended up getting only kitchen stuff, but hey I loved it all!) on Saturday. It was absolutely beautiful and I was surrounded by so many of my loved ones! I don't have any photos from this shower yet, but thanks to my mom, there are a BUNCH from the couples shower we had on Sunday!


Here is me with the fabulous party planners and setter-uppers. AKA my future sister-in-law, mother-in-law, and aunt-in-law! THEY DID AN AMAZING JOB! Again, we were surrounded by so many loved ones!





Please disregard the fact that I look like a giant.


MMM. Isn't that food spread just divine? The fruit, mini quiches and hummus were my favorites. I think the chicken was Dave's fave... of course ;)


Sorry, Christine, I forgot to crop! But here is a quick shot as we were opening gifts.






So excited about our newest piece of wall art!






And just one shot of my fiancee, because he's a hottie ;)


And doesn't drink Jack Daniels...I think that was the only clean shirt he had left to wear.





We were blessed with so many amazing gifts and with the presence of so many good friends and loving family members. May 28 is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment