Monday, June 13, 2011

hitched

David and I are married! May 28, 2011 was the best day. And best weekend overall. Ever. It was everything I wanted and always imagined!


We started the wedding weekend out on Thursday, May 26. Luckily we were the only wedding the entire weekend, so you better believe my mom and I were at the beautiful Carlyle House decorating ahead of time.


I woke up Friday morning full of excitement especially when my best friend pulled into the driveway at 10:00 a.m. She is so prompt. And I love it. We got all dolled up and headed to Buckhead to meet the other bridesmaids and lovely mother of my groom for some French fare at Bistro Niko. The lunch was even better when the waiter brought us delicious profiteroles to congratulate me.


The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were a blast. After everyone was full of delicious food and wine, my dad, David's dad, and two of my dearest friends, Allison and Timothy all made wonderful toasts! I loved it and wanted the toasts to keep on comin! It was a great night.


Wedding day was absolutely blissful. I was surrounded by my closest friends and loved ones all day... and was pampered by an amazing, talented hair and makeup artist named Jess at Balance Salon. If only I could get pampered like that all the time! Here is me after hair and makeup.


The funniest part of the day was the question that kept getting asked, "Farah are you nervous yet?!" or "Why aren't you freaking out yet?!" I was so calm all day thanks to my mom and all our amazing vendors who made everything run so smoothly. I was so ready to be with my groom but was cherishing the time with the lovely women who are so close to me!


Taking zillions of pictures, the wait to walk down the aisle, the ceremony, the dinner, and reception went by so fast, but all of it was absolutely beautiful. I look forward to seeing the professional photos and of course the wedding video. Actually I'm really really really really really wanting to see all of that. Now! :)


The honeymoon to Mexico was unbelievable. We were pretty much treated like royalty. I could go on and on and on about wedding festivities, but I'll leave it at that and let the pictures that will be coming soon tell the story! :)



Until next time.


<3 Farah Bohannon <3

3 comments:

  1. I SO WISH I could've heard Ally's toast. Congrats again, Farah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good one... not influenced by the wine or anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning in all of your pictures! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete