Tuesday, March 22, 2011

renovations = complete!

Sorry for my slacking off lately. Things have been really crazy. The renovations on our house are FINISHED!!!!!!!

We are so incredibly excited because it looks amazing. It looks even better than I imagined it. We have already started moving things and cleaning up, but there is still a lot to do. The most important thing on the list is probably to get the blinds installed (any suggestions on places to get blinds? Home Depot? Lowe's?). It looks more and more "homey" and inviting every day! I am pretty proud of myself for helping Dave move a gigantic sofa. I am such a weakling, so this was a significant task for me. Dave was proud.

Most of the furniture we have is vintage, which I love. It is very old stuff that Dave's grandmother used when she was raising her family. One of my favorites is an old, dark-brown trunk/chest thing that we use as a coffee table in the living room. It opens, so we can put things in it like blankets, magazines, etc. It looks beautiful! Our dining table, various end tables, the table by the front window, and the cool, distressed one that holds our TV are all vintage as well. All it takes is a little wood furniture cleaner and it looks good as new!

Pictures coming soon! Like I said, there is still a lot of work to do. I am so thankful for Tom & Melissa Bohannon's help and interest in making this house into a home. I'm so excited to be in the family (and neighbors!).

No comments:

Post a Comment