Thursday, December 8, 2011

chocolate dipped fruit skewers

Do you ever find yourself stressing over bringing a food item to a gathering or party? I do. When someone asks me to bring something, I get really excited and immediately start brainstorming ideas. A few days go by, and all of a sudden it's the night before the gathering. I had a really long, busy day and the last thing I want to do is venture to the grocery store and dirty up the kitchen to create something.

These chocolate dipped fruit skewers are seriously SO EASY and fricken amazing. I mean, what is better than fresh fruit dipped in melted chocolate? The granola adds a nice crunch as well! Here are the (really easy) directions:

I melted a bag of chocolate chips over the stovetop over a double boiler. I added a few splashes of skim milk so the consistency would be smooth. You can use heavy cream instead of skim milk--but I didn't have any heavy cream. You could also microwave the chocolate chips with a little milk or cream. Just make sure it doesn't burn.

I cut slices of bananas and strawberries and stuck them on a small, wood skewer followed by two purple grapes. I dipped one side of the fruit skewer into the melted chocolate and IMMEDIATELY dipped that into a bowl of regular granola, so the granola would stick to the chocolate. Place skewers onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (so the chocolate doesn't get everywhere).

Make however many your heart desires, then place baking sheet with skewers into the refrigerator until chocolate hardens (usually 30-60 minutes).

They are delicious! You can add any kind of fruit you like, use white or dark chocolate, or use chopped nuts in lieu of granola. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment